|Cinnamon Sugar Donut Mini Muffins |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Mini muffins that taste like doughnut (donuts)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons milk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
For Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 16 mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or rub with butter.
- In a medium bowl, sift or thoroughly stir (I don't sift anythign before I've had a cup of coffee) together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and buttermilk.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until just combined. Set mixer on low speed, and beat in one fourth of the dry ingredients. Then beat in one third of the milk mixture. Continue to alternate until all ingredients are incorporated, finishing with dry ingredients. Be careful not to over mix (Note: I added the flour and stirred it in by hand).
- Fill the prepared muffin cups with batter – it will be pretty stiff. Bake until lightly golden and firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the tin and let cool (I put the muffins in the sugar while warm).
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a Ziploc bag. . Once the muffins have cooled (mine were still warm), brush each one with the melted butter. Then place a few muffins in the bag with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Shake well to coat the muffins. Repeat. Makes 16
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/11/cinnamon-sugar-donut-mini-muffins/