|Jacques Torres' Secret Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 27 mins
Updated version of one of my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (8 1/2 ounces) cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter (10 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 3 cups large bittersweet chocolate chips or your favorite chocolate chips
- Do not preheat the oven yet because the dough requires chilling.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together both of the flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add vanilla and mix until blended, scraping sides of bowl.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until blended, then add the chocolate.
- Scoop big mounds of dough and set on a parchment lined tray or a couple of plates. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- When ready to bake, set dough on a parchment lined baking sheet spacing about 3 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until lightly browned, but still soft, about 18-20 minutes.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/09/jacques-torress-secret-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe/