|Jacques Torres' Secret Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 27 mins
The famous New York Times chocolate chip cookie recipe adapted from Jacques Torres
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound good quality dark chocolate, chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats; set aside. Don't grease the baking sheets because this might cause extra spreading.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add vanilla, then add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate; mix until well combined.
- Using a 4-ounce scoop for larger cookies or a 1-ounce scoop for smaller cookies, (I used a very generously rounded tablespoon) scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20 minutes for larger cookies and about 15 minutes for smaller cookies. If you use a rounded tablespoon, check your cookies at 12 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you use a very generously rounded tablespoon or a 1 scoop, you'll get about 4 dozen cookies.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2007/09/jacques-torress-secret-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe/