Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Crispy ginger cookies made with powdered ginger, fresh ginger and crystallized ginger.
- Triple Ginger Cookies (Half Batch)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (4.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 scant teaspoon salt**
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening (preferably non-hydrogenated)
- 2 tablespoons mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Turbinado sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment. Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat sugar and shortening in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in molasses, egg, and fresh ginger. Stir in crystallized ginger, then dry ingredients.
- Fill small shallow bowl with raw sugar. Using moist hands, shape 1 teaspoonful dough into ball; roll in raw sugar. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until golden and dry-looking, about 15 minutes. Cool on sheets.
Not sure of the yield on this one.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/12/triple-ginger-cookies/