|Mmmm. Fiber Filled Key Lime Pie |
Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 min
Total time: 11 mins
Key Lime Pie made with Yoplait lime flavored yogurt and Fiber One cereal.
- 2 cups Fiber One cereal
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup (I think maple syrup or golden syrup would work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Filling and Topping
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz Yoplait Fiber One Key lime pie yogurt (I had to use a different brand because they were out of this one)
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Crush cereal in a food processor until it’s the consistency of breadcrumbs. Fiber One says you can do this step with a heavy duty plastic bag, but if you have a food processor it makes the job easier and you get a fine grind.
- In medium bowl or in the bowl of the food processor, mix crust ingredients until blended. Press crust mixture evenly and firmly in bottom and up side of (well greased!) 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until firm. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, mix water and lime juice. Sprinkle gelatin on lime juice mixture; let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly, about 2 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add yogurt and lime juice mixture; beat on medium speed until well blended. Fold in whipped topping and lime peel. At this point, do a taste test and see if you think it’s sweet enough. I folded in a heaping tablespoon of powdered sugar and was happy with the results.
- Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/12/mmmm-fiber-filled-key-lime-pie/