Author: Cookie Madness
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Very rich brownie recipe
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao), coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into several pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon (1.75 oz) all-purpose flour
- Preheat to 350˚F. Line bottom and sides of 8-inch square baking pan with foil. I spritzed the bottom of the pan with a little cooking spray.
- Place chocolate and butter in heatproof bowl and set in wide skillet of almost-simmering water. Stir frequently until mixture is melted and smooth and quite warm. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl (preferably bowl of a stand mixer) beat the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla with a hand-held mixer on high speed until the eggs are thick and light colored, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the warm chocolate. Fold in the flour.
- Scrape the batter into the lined pan and spread evenly. Bake on center rack until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a rack.
- Invert the brownies on rack and peel off the foil. Turn right side up on cutting board and cut into sixteen 2-inch square (or 9!). I cut mine into giant squares, but they’re pretty rich and 16 would be better.
Recipe by Cookie Madness at http://www.cookiemadness.net/2010/12/new-bittersweet-brownies/