I watched The Real Housewives of the OC one time on the treadmill. I’d read somewhere that one of them had the same freaky ear problem as I did and could identify, but she never talked about her ear and I didn’t keep watching the show. But other people did, and then they made more Real Housewives shows. Now I have a passing interest in The Real Housewives of New York because one of them likes to bake. Her name is Bethenny and her Naturally Thin Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is posted on GMA.
If you make these, let me know. Remember, you can make your own oat flour by grinding it up in the coffee grinder.
I’ll post the correct yield when I finally get around to trying these.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 4 oz banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a second bowl, mash the banana and stir in oil, soy milk and vanilla.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a medium-size ice cream scoop or a large spoon to scoop batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies appear set.