This recipe is originally from Allrecipes.com, but over the years I’ve changed it up quite a bit. The original cookies were good, but they spread too much and were kind of flat. The revised version is below.
As far as oatmeal chocolate chip cookies go, these are pretty good. However, I think my favorites are Barbara Bush’s Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Super Popular All Recipes Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
- 2 sticks 230 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar 200 grams
- 1/2 cup white sugar 100 grams
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt reduce to ½ if using salted butter
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 220 grams
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or use a mix of chocolate chip and caramel flavored
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Using an electric mixer, beat the softened butter, brown sugar, and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- With mixer on lowest speed (or by hand), stir in the flour until blended, then stir in the oats and chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop (or rounded tablespoon), scoop out balls of dough and arrange on parchment lined or ungreased baking sheets spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.