Today’s cookie is perfect with coffee, and you can skip the cream because the cookie has the creamer it it! These oatmeal cookies have a dash of Coffee Mate Belgian Chocolate Toffee flavored coffee creamer (the powdered type) for added flavor. You can, of course, vary the flavors, but I had some toffee bars in the pantry and matching them with toffee flavored creamer seemed like a good idea at the time.
I was very happy with these cookies and loved how the powdered creamer added a subtle note of toffee flavor. In fact, I liked it so much I’m going to try a second batch with one of their new flavors (Caramel Macchiato, Café Latte, and White Chocolate Caramel Latte) and switch up the add-ins. For instance, white chocolate chunks with the new White Chocolate Caramel Latte. I’ll let you know how it goes.
- 1 3/4 cups (7.9 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (6 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Coffee Mate Belgian Chocolate Toffee Creamer (powdered)
- 3/4 cup plus tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 oz chopped up toffee bar (bulk bin type, Skor, Heath, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Have ready two parchment lined baking sheets.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Beat in the Coffee Mate, brown sugar and granulated sugar and continue beating for another 2-3 minutes or until very light. Reduce mixer speed and beat in the egg. When egg is mixed, beat in the vanilla. Add half of the flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Add remaining flour mixture, followed by the oats and toffee.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up balls of dough and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet spacing about 2 ½ inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or till edges are golden. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before serving.