Mocha Mousse is originally from a Woman’s Day special low calorie recipe collection. This one has 208 calories and 11 grams of protein per serving, which is not bad!
The protein comes from silken extra-firm tofu, and all the good flavors come from Kahlua, cocoa powder, agave, and coffee.
You can taste the tofu in here, but it’s good. Try to use extra-firm silken. However, if you can’t find it you can use anything that says silken.
Mocha Mousse from Eating Light 400 Calories or Less
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 36 ounces extra-firm silken tofu
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon I omitted
- In saucepan on low, heat 3 Tbsp. Kahlua. Add 4 tsp. instant-coffee granules; stir to dissolve.
- In food processor, combine 36 oz. drained extra-firm silken tofu, 3/4 cup agave nectar, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 4 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (if using), and coffee mixture. Process 6 minutes or until smooth. Spoon mousse into bowls; refrigerate 30 minutes. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries, and mint leaves, if desired.