Miniature Key Lime Pies are the follow-up to the Mini Maple Pecan Pies. Like the pecan pies, they are made in the same 3 1/2 inch disposable pie pans mentioned in the other post. They have a basic graham cracker crust and are made with sour cream rather than egg.
These are pretty quick to whip up and they freeze well, too. Also, if for some reason you have a half a can of condensed milk you need to use, you can halve the recipe and make 4 or 5 pies.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Have ready 8 3 1/2 inch pie shells.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the graham cracker crumbs, then combine remaining 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs with sugar. Add melted butter and stir until blended, then divide crumbs among the 8 shells. Press mixture into bottom and up sides.
- Set the crusts on a baking sheet and and bake 7 minutes or until crust begins to brown.
- Stir sweetened condensed milk, lime zest and sour cream until blended. Stir in lime peel. Pour filling into crusts, dividing evenly. Bake for 7 minutes -- the pies will not appear baked at this point and there may not be any bubbles, but they are most likely done. Let cool completely on wire rack, then chill for at least 2 hours.
- To make the topping, beat cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff. Top pie with whipped cream, then sprinkle pies with reserved 2 tablespoons of crumbs.