Deluxe Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Deluxe Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are made with a combination of bread flour, cake flour and French vanilla flavored pudding mix. If you don't have the mix of flours you can still make these with 290 grams all-purpose (2 1/4 cups).
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 145 grams bread flour about 1 cup, but please weigh
- 145 grams cake flour 1 ¼ cup, but please weigh
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt plus a pinch
- 8 ounces good quality unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar 145 grams
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 grams
- 1 box 3.4 oz/96 grams French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 large cold eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips Ghirardelli
Thoroughly mix together both flours, salt and baking soda and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in the pudding mix until blended, then add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy, scraping bowl. Beat in vanilla.
By hand or using lowest speed of stand mixer, stir in the flour until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Spoon heaping tablespoons of dough (they should weigh 1 1/2 oz each) onto a foil lined baking sheet and put the whole sheet in the refrigerator for several hours.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 and bake the cookies on parchment lined baking sheets for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges just start to brown.
Let cool for about 5 minutes on cookie trays, then transfer to wire racks and let cool.
I like to let mine cool for about 5 extra minutes, then put them in the freezer. I store these tightly wrapped in the freezer.