Hell Fire Pepper Jelly Peanut Butter Sandwiches and Giveaway
A peanut butter sandwich cookie with a hot and spicy kick.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 40 -50
- 1/2 cup regular or butter flavored shortening I used butter flavored
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter crunchy or creamy okay
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup 4.5 oz all-purpose flour
- Some Hell Fire Pepper Jelly
- Extra peanut butter for filling sandwiches
Preheat the oven to 325F and have ready a large, ungreased baking sheet.
With an electric mixer, beat the shortening, salt, baking soda and peanut butter together. Beat in both of the sugars and the vanilla. Beat in the egg.
By hand or using the lowest speed of the mixer, stir in the flour. Using a rounded ½ teaspoon measure, scoop up dough and shape into small balls. Arrange the small balls on the baking sheet spacing about 1 1 ½ cinches apart. Using a damp fork, press the balls down and make criss-crosses. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until edges are brown and cookies appear done. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
When cookies are completely cool, sandwich a little peanut butter and some Hell Fire Pepper Jelly between two cookies. Repeat until you’ve made about 45 or 50 little sandwiches.