Simple Delights Sea Salt Caramel & Oat
An updated versions of the old "Caramelitas" made with Simple Delights caramel sauce plus bittersweet and white chips.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 9 oz
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon if using unsalted butter
- 10 oz butter salted or unsalted, very soft (but not melted)
- 1 11.5 oz jar Simple Delights Salted caramel topping, softened or at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup white chips
- 2/3 cup toasted and chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 inch metal pan with foil and grease the foil.
Mix the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl. Add the soft butter and stir until blended. Reserve half of crumb mixture (about 3 cups or 504 grams), then press the rest into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle chips and nuts over baked crust. Drizzle evenly with softened caramel. Crumble reserved topping evenly over the top.
Return to oven and bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled, then chill for 2 hours or until filling is set.
Lift from pan and cut into bars.