All Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
A chocolate chip cookie made with brown sugar.
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (slightly cool, mixer will soften) 10 oz or 280 grams
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar (300 grams)
- 2 large large eggs (100 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (15 oz or 420 grams)
- 2 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
In bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter with the paddle attachment until creamy. Add the brown sugar and beat butter and sugar for about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium low and add eggs one at a time beating just until combined. Beat in the vanilla, baking soda and salt (scrape sides of bowl often), then add the flour and continue mixing on low speed until it’s blended. Mix in the chocolate chips.
Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop up about 20 mounds of dough and lay them on a non-stick foil lined cookie sheets. Chill for 2 or more hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with non-stick foil or parchment paper. Arrange cookies 6 to a sheet and bake one sheet at a time on center rack for about 18 minutes or until cookies are nicely browned.
Makes 20 cookies