Airline Pilot Oatmeal Cookies
Alaska Airlines Pilot Oatmeal Cookies are based on a recipe by a pilot for Alaska Airlines.
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar I used light
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour fluffed and scooped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt if using salted butter, decrease to 1/4
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted, crushed finely (I used pecans)
- 1 cup walnuts toasted, barely chopped (Again, pecans)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix well. Add oats, raisins, nuts and stir to combine. Shape into 2 dozen balls.
Bake on parchment lined baking sheets for 11-13 minutes.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies, depending on size.