Flat Chewy Small Batch Oatmeal Cookies
Big Flat Chewy Oatmeal Cookies are made without brown sugar, but they still have a rich, cinnamon-y flavor.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour gently spoon and sweep or weigh 50 grams
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats 35 grams
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 75 grams
- 1/4 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened (42 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 generous tablespoons of lightly beaten egg 25 grams
- 1/3 cup each – raisins and toasted chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
Mix flour, oats, sugar, salt, soda and cinnamon together very thoroughly in a medium size mixing bowl. Add the softened butter and mash it in with the dry ingredients, mixing with a fork or fingers until the dry ingredients are moistened and butter is well distributed. Stir in the vanilla and egg. When well mixed, add the raisins and pecans.
Divide the batter into fourths and scoop big blogs of dough onto the cookie sheet, spacing 3 inches apart. Bake for about 15-18 minutes (original recipe says 20, but mine burn at 20) then let cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.