Caramel Macchiato Cookies aka Salted Caramel Bits Chocolate Chip Cookies
Caramel Macchiato Cookies are chocolate chip cookies enhanced with espresso powder and caramel chips.
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup grams brown sugar, packed (100 grams)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened (74 grams)
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening (63 grams)
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Kraft caramel bits more if you like
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment.
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; Set aside.
Using high speed of an electric mixer, beat both sugars, butter and shortening until creamy. Beat in espresso powder. Reduce speed to low and mix in egg, egg yolk and vanilla - do not overbeat after adding the egg. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until flour is incorporated. Add chocolate chips and caramel bits.
Drop cookies by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden around edges and set. Transfer to a rack to cool.