California Milk Advisory Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Originally from The California Milk Advisory to promote using real butter. These are very cakey pumpkin cookies.
- 4 oz real butter salted, softened (114 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (300 grams)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (230 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (320 grams), weigh or measure with a light hand
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt add an extra pinch if using unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon together in a second bowl, then gently stir into pumpkin batter. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake on center rack for 15-17 minutes.
Makes about 36 cookies