Ritz Cracker Crust Peanut Butter Pie
An easy convenience pie made a peanut butter filling and buttery cracker crust.
- 60 total Ritz Crackers, 2 sleeves (200 grams)
- 3 tablespoons sugar, scant (35 grams)
- 8 tablespoons butter, unsalted -- melted (114 grams)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (114 grams)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted (120 grams)
- Heaping 1/2 cup extra crunchy peanut butter, heaping
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tubs Cool Whip (2 8 oz tubs), so you'll have enough for garnishing
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Crush the crackers by hand or with a rolling pin. Mix the crushed crackers, sugar and butter. Reserve about 3 tablespoons for garnish, then press remaining into a lightly greased shallow 9 inch pie dish. Set pie dish on a rimmed pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Beat together the softened cream cheese and peanut butter, then beat in the powdered sugar alternately with the milk. Fold in 1 tub (about 3 1/2 cups or 228 grams) of Cool Whip, then transfer to the pie shell. Cover and chill for about 3 hours or until ready to eat.
Before serving, mix the reserved Ritz crumb mixture with about 1/3 to 1/2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts. Garnish with peanut mixture and pipe on extra Cool whip. You can use fresh sweetened whipped cream if you'd rather.