Bobby Flay's Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love that this is a pour-over recipe! No creaming.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (170 grams)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon lightly or weigh) (250 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar, tightly packed (135 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chunks or a chopped up chocolate bar
- Sea Salt
Melt the butter in the microwave using 50% power (or melt gently over the stove). Set aside to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and both sugars until mixture is uniformly blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Add the egg and melted butter and stir to make a soft dough. Cover bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes.
Scoop out 20 portions. Space at least 2 inches apart on parchment lined or ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with sea salt.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake at 350 for about 12 to 15 minutes. Let cookies cool.