Cajun Seasoning Croutons
This recipe works with any kind of bread, but I especially like making these with leftover dinner rolls.
- 1/4 pound leftover dinner rolls Fluffy Dinner Rolls or white bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana style Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes (or any size you want).
Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the oil and seasonings.
Toss the cubes in the butter mixture.
Spread the croutons on a large ungreased baking sheet and bake at 400 for 5 minutes.
Open door and stir the croutons around, flipping to ensure they’ve browned a bit, then close door and reduce heat to 300. Continue baking for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. When they are nicely browned, let them cool completely. They will crisp up as they cool.