A Key Lime Pie Without Eggs
Key Lime Pie Egg-Free Key Lime Pie
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 min
Total Time21 mins
- 18 145 grams graham cracker squares
- 1/3 cup 35 grams pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons 36 grams granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pinch salt
- 2-3 tablespoon shredded sweetened coconut
- 6 tablespoons 90 grams melted unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons 60 grams unsalted butter
- 6 ounces 180 grams cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 oz/420 grams can condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons 20 ml grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup 240 ml key lime juice (fresh or bottled) plus an extra 1-2 T if desired
- 1 cup heavy cream plus 1 tablespoon sugar & 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch pie dish.
Combine graham crackers, pecans, sugar, salt and coconut in food processor; process into crumbs. Pour in the butter and pulse until crumbs are moistened. Press into pie plate covering bottom and sides and bake for 12 minutes. Cool.
Prepare filling. Clean out food processor bowl. Combine cream cheese and butter and process until smooth. Scrape side of bowl and add condensed milk, lime zest and bottled lime juice; process until smooth. Taste and make sure it’s sour enough, then add more juice/zest if desired. Pour into the cooled pie shell. Chill for at least 5 hours.
A few hours from serving time, whip the cream until stiff peaks form, then beat in sugar and vanilla. Put cream in a zipper bag, snip off the corner and pipe cream around edges of pie.
** You could skip making the crust and use a store bought graham cracker or vanilla crust if you are in hurry. If you do this, you can make the whole pie using a mixing bowl and a hand-held mixer.