Easy Caramel Corn
Easy caramel corn is an inexpensive and delicious snack. This recipe makes a smaller size batch than most.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts optional
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar light or dark okay
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt use 1/8 if using salted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray or grease it with butter; Spread popcorn and peanuts in pan.
In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar, syrup and salt and bring to a boil. From the time the mixture reaches a boil, boil without stirring for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour over popcorn, mixing thoroughly.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Let cool completely.