Classic Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies should turn out crunchy. To enhance the texture, add some nuts.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time22 mins
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, room temp (114 grams)
- 1/2 cup shortening regular or butter flavored (96 grams)
- 1 cup light brown sugar VERY firmly packed (230 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100 grams
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour all purpose (260 grams)
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment. Do not grease.
Cream butter, shortening and both sugars with an electric mixer. Beat in vanilla, salt and vinegar.
Beat in egg, scraping sides of bowl and mixing well, then add baking soda and beat so that it is well distributed. Stir in the flour. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely.