Grain Free Brownies
Paleo Grain Free Brownies are baked in a loaf pan. They're made with three kinds of chocolate -- cocoa powder, unsweetened chocolate and dark chocolate chips.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil 45 grams
- 3/4 ounce unsweetened chocolate chopped (21 grams)
- 2 1/4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 14 grams
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips 14 grams
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar 35 grams
- 1/4 cup honey 75 grams
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or almond meal
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the inside of a 9x5 inch or an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch metal loaf pan with nonstick foil.
Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan set over medium heat. When it is about halfway melted, add the chocolate and reduce heat to low. Stir until chocolate melts, then stir in the cocoa powder and 3/4 oz of chocolate chips.
Beat the egg with an electric mixer for 1 minute. With mixer going, gradually add the coconut sugar and continue beating for 2 minutes. Add the honey and continue beating on high for 2 to 3 more minutes. Beat in salt and vanilla.
Fold about 1/3 cup of the egg mixture into the warm chocolate mixture, then fold the chocolate mixture back into the bowl with the egg mixture. Stir in the coconut flour and almond flour.
Spread batter in pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 25-27 minutes or until top appears set. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Lift from pan and cut into squares.