Green Bean, Feta and Walnut Salad
Green Bean, Feta and Walnut Salad combines fresh blanched green beans with a refreshing mix of herbs, cheese and nuts. This is great for Easter or a light spring lunch.
- 1 1/2 pounds of trimmed fresh green beans weighed after trimming
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion soak in water to remove some of the bite
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
Bring a very large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook for about 5 minutes, then drain and quickly plunge into a bowl of ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and toss the beans with the mint, parsley, onion, and tomatoes.
Mix together the oil, vinegar, salt and garlic. Pour as much as desired (I pour about half and save the rest for people who want more dressing) over the beans, then toss to coat. Keep in a covered dish until ready to serve. Before serving, toss with cheese and top with walnuts.