Vegan Double Chocolate Muffins
Vegan Double Chocolate Muffins are very easy to make and don't call for any hard-to-find ingredients.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour 6 oz
- 1/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder Don’t use Dutch process
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup soymilk or full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon if using coconut milk Melted coconut oil also works well
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips check to make sure they are vegan if that's important
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
Whisk the maple syrup, milk, vanilla and oil together in a second bowl.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips. Divide evenly among muffin cups and bake on center rack for 18-20 minutes.
Cool completely on a wire rack.