Red, White and Blueberry Cookies
An easy drop cookie with dried blueberries, cranberries and white chocolate.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder try with 3/4 tsp. as noted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons butter — softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 ounces white chocolate — cut into chunks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready two ungreased cookie sheets.
In a medium size bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
In a second bowl cream butter and both sugars. Add egg and vanilla and beat for 30 seconds.
Add flour mixture and stir with a mixing spoon until well mixed. Stir in all dried berries and white chocolate, then drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 12-13 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.