I’ve been somewhat fixated on Midge’s cookies this morning. I liked them the way they were, but Carol’s idea of making them “Red White and Blue” inspired me to try them again with a slightly different dough.
Here’s the second version. These are slightly less sweet and a bit thicker than the others. The cranberries are a nice addition and overall, the cookie is great. This batch only yields 24 cookies.
Red, White and Blueberry Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder try with 3/4 tsp. as noted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons butter — softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 ounces white chocolate — cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have ready two ungreased cookie sheets.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a second bowl cream butter and both sugars. Add egg and vanilla and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add flour mixture and stir with a mixing spoon until well mixed. Stir in all dried berries and white chocolate, then drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.