Cherry Dream Bars
Cherry Dream Bars are a convenience dessert made with cake mix, oats, and pie filling.
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter cut into 8 T. and softened
- 1 1/4 cups oats -- divided
- 1 egg
- 21 oz can of cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
Mix cake mix, 6 tablespoons of the softened butter and 1 cup of oats until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup crumbs for topping.
To remaining crumbs, add egg, mixing until well blended. Press into the 13 x 9-inch baking pan and pour pie filling over crust, spreading to cover.
To the reserved 1 cup of crumbs add 1/4 cup oats, the remaining 2 T. butter, nuts and brown sugar and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle over cherry mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.