Light and Dark Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Very chewy chocolate chip cookies that call for both light and dark brown sugar and an extra egg yolk.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter 114 grams
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar 100 grams
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar 50 grams
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar 75 grams
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour 205 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Handful of toasted walnuts optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
Melt the butter and pour into a large bowl. When the butter cools to slightly warm, add all three sugars (light brown, dark brown and granulated). Mix well. Beat in the egg and yolk. Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda, then add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the vanilla and chopped chocolate or chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets and bake until nicely browned, about 7 or 8 minutes. (I always bake them longer -- usually 12 minutes)