Keto Bran Muffins with Oat Fiber
Dense, moist, muffins.
- 1/2 cup oat fiber (finely ground) 45 grams, not oat bran
- 1/2 cup flaxmeal 45 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon melted butter 28 grams
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream 60 grams
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water 22 ml
- 1 large egg 54 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons allulose
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or ¼ each maple and vanilla
- sliced almonds, crushed (optional) For topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line six muffin cups with paper liners.
Thoroughly mix together the oat fiber, flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
Mix together the melted butter and cream, then stir in the egg, water, molasses, allulose and maple & vanilla extracts (or just vanilla).
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well. Divide among the muffin cups and top with crushed almonds.
Bake at 350 for 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes. The texture improves as they cool.
Serving: 56g | Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 1g