Peanut Butter Ice Cream
A lighter version of peanut butter flavored ice cream.
- 10 ounces whole milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 14 ounces fat free or regular condensed milk
- ½ cup unsweetened peanut butter (generous half cup) (140 grams) -- go by weight
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or maple syrup (20 grams)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract maybe a little more
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter powder (optional) and some regular sweetened peanut butter for adding at the end.
- 1 teaspoon sunflower lecithin or ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend.
Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients in a mixing bowl. If using a mixing bowl, put the condensed milk and peanut butter in first and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually add in the other two milks and the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
Make sure your mixture is very cold, then transfer to the prepared ice cream container and process as per manufacturer's directions. Turn off the ice cream and add small gobs or swirls of softened sweetened (or non sweetened) peanut butter) and cocktail peanuts.
Scrape the ice cream into your preferred container. As you scrape or spoon it into the carton, you can add even more mall gobs or lines of softened peanut butter so that the ice cream has swirls of peanut butter.