Fiesta Fudge Cookies

by on April 27, 2007 · 8 comments

I am very proud of the contest winning Betty Crocker bar cookies.  And my dad, who doesn’t even like peanut butter, keeps asking me to make them. Our conversation goes something like this.

Dad: Hey, would you make me 6 dozen of those cookies? I’ll pay you for the ingredients.

Me: Make them yourself. They take 2 seconds.

Dad: I’ll pick them up Tuesday.

My dad will get his cookies, but today I thought I’d try one of the other winners. Priscilla Yee’s striped “Fiesta Fudge Cookies” were tempting. Gosh, they’d be perfect for that Cinco de Mayo party I’m not having.

Fiesta Fudge Cookies

And how are they? “Que Bueno!” They’re very sweet and fudgy. I’m making mine for a gang of 5 year olds, so I left out the cinnamon. I think they’d be better with it, so next time I’ll add it.

Published on April 27, 2007

kelly April 27, 2007 at 3:42 pm

What kind of potato chips do you use to make your cookies??

Anna April 27, 2007 at 3:44 pm

I use Lay’s.

Poutine April 27, 2007 at 6:17 pm

I put your bar cookies on my list for the seniors. Did you read the comments on the recipe? They cracked me up.

dge April 30, 2007 at 9:14 pm

Anna – those potato chip bar cookies are amazing. I just made them tonight and had to whisk most of them off to neighbors so I wouldn’t keep devouring them. Yummy. Thanks

Mary June 1, 2007 at 10:01 am

I made the Fiesta Fudge cookies last weekend. Yummy! Like a brownie cookie with a Hershey’s hug. I love cinnamon so I did include it. Could have used just a little more cinnamon for my taste.

Anna June 1, 2007 at 3:48 pm

Hi Mary,

I like that recipe too. Next time, I might try it with cinnamon. I might also change out the Hugs for a different type of Kiss….Hershey keeps coming out with so many new ones.

Reena October 18, 2007 at 6:25 am

Anna,

My son’s kindergarten bake sale is tomorrow and I was surfing for recipes when I came upon your site and stopped right here. The Fiesta Fudge Cookie is what I think I’m going to make because it looks attractive and kids always love chocolate. I couldnt guess – what brand of striped candy do you recommend for the cookie? Other good looking options? Thanks! Great site!

Anna October 18, 2007 at 6:35 am

Hi Reena,

For the Fiesta Fudge cookies, the type of candy I use is striped Hershey’s Kisses. I believe they are called “Hershey Hugs”. The cookies are really cute! Hope you like them.

Anna