Malted Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Malted Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies are chocolate chunk cookies with a strong malted milk powder flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 190 grams**
- 3/4 cup plain malted milk powder 84 grams (Carnation)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons 140 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup 100 grams very tightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg 48 grams
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped Nestle Crunch Bars
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Have ready and ungreased baking sheet. You can line it with parchment or just leave it ungreased.
Stir the flour, malted milk powder and baking soda together. Set aside.
Cream the butter with the brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. By hand or using lowest speed of mixer, stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheets.
Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Pull from the oven and if desired, stick a few extra chunks of milk chocolate or chopped Nestle Crunch Bars on top of the hot cookies. Carefully remove from baking sheets and let cool completely.
Makes about 22 cookies