Paleo Chocolate Chip Bars
Paleo Chocolate Chip Bars are easy, filling and very tasty! I like using Brazil nuts for selenium, but any nut works. For the nut butter, I use Trader Joe's.
- 1 cup almond flour 90 grams
- 1/4 cup plant protein powder 20 grams, vanilla flavored
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter or vegan buttery stick 42 grams
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar 50 grams
- 1 large egg 50 grams
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened salted nut butter or almond butter 50 grams -- I use Trader Joe's
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped Brazil nuts or your favorite nut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch square pan with nonstick foil.
Mix together almond flour, protein powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a second bowl, whisk together the melted butter and coconut sugar until blended, then whisk in the egg, almond butter and vanilla.
Fold the almond flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir until blended, then stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Press the mixture firmly into the pan and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until top appears dry. Let cool completely, then lift from pan and cut into squares.