Ultimate Vanilla Cupcakes
Dense, moist vanilla cupcakes with a rich vanilla flavor. This recipe is adapted from the one on the back of the McCormick Extra Rich Pure Vanilla Extract box.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter, melted (make sure to use salted!)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Extra Rich Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Whipped Vanilla Buttercream Frosting:
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Extra Rich Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat with a mixer on low speed just to moisten (or do this part by hand). Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Divide batter evenly between the 12 cups.
Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until tops spring spring back when touched. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
Whipped Vanilla Buttercream: Beat the butter and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating well and scraping bowl occasionally.
Add milk and beat until light and fluffy.