Maple & Honey Granola
A very sweet and crunchy granola that can be made without oil. I like this one because you just mix all the ingredients in a bowl and spread it on a tray.
- Coconut oil for greasing pan or parchment paper
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts I used pecans, walnuts and almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup honey Carrie uses molasses
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar or raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 full teaspoon of you are using coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Additional dried fruit as needed
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Rub two large (13x18 inch) rimmed baking sheets with coconut oil or regular oil or skip the oil and use parchment.
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and spread evenly on the two baking sheets.
Bake on the middle and lower racks, switching halfway through and stirring every 15 minutes, for about 40 to 45 minute or until granola is browned.
Remove from oven and let it cool and crisp. Stir in dried fruit if using.
Note: Carrie bakes hers one big sheet at 350 F. for about 30 minutes, stirring often. I prefer going slow and low at 300 F for about 40 minutes.