Italian Spiced Pita Chips
Italian Spiced Pita Chips are triangles of pita bread that are brushed with oil and seasoned with spices and cheese.
- 2 pita pockets 4 halves that are pockets
- 2 1/2 tablespoons good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Small pinch granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with nonstick foil.
Split the 4 pita halves so that you have 8 semi-circles, rough side up.
Mix together the olive oil and all the spices (garlic powder through sugar). Brush the olive oil mixture evenly over the semi-circles. Stack 4 at a time and cut into thirds so that you have 24 triangles. Arrange on the baking sheet, split side up, and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese evenly over the chips.
Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Makes 24