Apple Streusel Bread
An apple quick bread with apple pie filling in the batter. I only needed one loaf and used half a can. For two loaves, double the recipe and use the full can. You can freeze the second loaf or give it away.
- 1 1/4 cups packaged baking mix, regular or lite
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon apple or pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs, beaten beaten
- 1/2 21 oz can of 21 oz can apple pie filling Lucky Leaf Premium
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar divided
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts optional
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with flour-added baking spray.
In a large bowl combine baking mix, flour, and spice. In another large bowl combine eggs, apple pie filling, apple sauce, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, and oil. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Pour into pan. Top with remaining brown sugar and nuts (if using).
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and store overnight for easier slicing. Makes 1 loaf