A Big Batch Chocolate Chip Bar Recipe
Chocolate chip bars made in a 15x10 inch pan
- 8 oz regular salted butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour Spoon and level -- (15 oz) -- weigh if you have scale
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 2 12 oz packages of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups 220 grams chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream the butter and sugars, beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients and blend in. Add chips and nuts. Spread in a greased 15x 10 inch baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bars appear set. Cool and cut into bars.
For a half batch, use a 13x9 inch pan. My half batches always take about 20 minutes, but this will vary depending on your oven.