Thin, Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Thin, Chewy Oatmeal Cookies that bend before they break.
- 8 tablespoons (114 grams) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) brown sugar, light
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (95 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh nutmeg optional
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats or quick cooking if necessary
- 3/4 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Cream butter and both sugars with an electric mixer; beat in vanilla and egg.
Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats, followed by the raisins.
Using wet hands, shape the dough into equal (1 inch) rounds. Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine took 14) or until cookies are brown around the edges.
Let sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks to Cool