Neiman Marcus Mocha Cookies
Different from the urban myth Neiman Marcus Cookies (the ones with ground oatmeal), this recipe is adapted from the Neiman Marcus cookbook. They are regular chocolate chip cookies flavored with espresso powder. This recipe calls for less butter than most, so make sure to measure the flour with a light hand and use all of the chocolate called for in the recipe.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, cool room temp
- 1 cup 220g very tightly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons 30g granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder optional
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups 220 grams all-purpose flour (measure with a light hand or weigh)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Line baking sheets with parchment.
Cream butter and sugars.
Beat in espresso powder and vanilla.
Add egg and beat until thoroughly smooth.
Add dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Scoop into very large walnut sized balls. Flatten slightly.
Bake for about 20 minutes, until set and very slightly golden around edges.
Alternatively, you can just bake them at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes.