Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies
Double chocolate cookies with sour cream in them.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened (114 grams)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (150 grams)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (!100 grams)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream regular, not light!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour spoon, don't scoop
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or use a mixture of chocolate and white chips
Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets.
Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until set - do not overbake. They should still look kind of moist on top when you take them out. They will set as they cool.
Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.