Easy Rocky Road Ice Cream
An easy Dutch chocolate flavored ice cream loaded with marshmallows and chocolate covered almonds.
Servings 24 people
1 ice cream maker
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup whole almonds, roasted
- 12 large marshmallows, cut into thirds
- 2 cups half & half or heavy cream or mix of whole milk and cream (448 grams)
- 1 cup evaporated milk (230 grams/)
- 14 oz can condensed milk (389 grams)
- ½ cup Dutch process cocoa powder (48 grams)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Melt the chocolate in the microwave using 50% power and stirring every minute. Add almonds and stir to coat. Empty onto a parchment lined baking sheet or any kind of tray and freeze until solid.
Put all of the ice cream ingredients in the blender in the order given. Stir to moisten the cocoa powder and keep it from flying all over the sides of the blender. Blend on high for 1 minute. Scrape sides of blender. Blend for another 30 seconds or until mixture is frothy and everything is evenly blended.
Pour into the ice cream maker and process as usual.
Break up the frozen chocolate covered almonds and chop them. Add the chopped almond, shards of frozen chocolate and marshmallows to the ice cream at the very end.
Scrape into pint or quart containers and freeze until firm.