If you want to bake a batch of cookies with butter flavored shortening, here’s a recipe.
Cheap, Quick Oatmeal Chip Cookies
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies made with shortening.
Author: Cookie Madness
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/2 stick (8 tablespoons) Butter Flavored Crisco (regular is okay)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour (4 1/2 oz), don't spoon too lightly but don't pack either
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats, quick cooking or old fashioned, not instant
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in molasses, egg and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until incorporated. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for 1 hour for thicker cookies, or bake immediately. To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Form dough into 1 ½ inch balls and arrange 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from sheet and cool on rack.