Amazing Hard Boiled Egg Oatmeal Cookie

And finally, the oatmeal version. I think I’m going to move on to a different cookie now.

Oatmeal Cookie

Amazing Hard Boiled Egg Oatmeal Cookie

2 oz flour (1/2 cup minus 1 tablespoon)
2 oz unsalted butter, cold, cut-up (European style preferably)
1/4 cup oats
1/4 scant teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar (dark probably okay)
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 of a hard boiled egg
Handful of raisins
Handful of walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Pulse flour and butter in food processor until mealy. Add the oats and pulse to mix. Add the salt, baking soda and cinnamon; pulse to mix. Add both sugars, honey, vanilla and egg and pulse until mealy. Dump into a bowl and add raisins and walnuts. Form into two large balls and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.

Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.

Makes two giant oatmeal cookies

Comments

I haven’t posted mine yet, but I did one today with oatmeal. The maine difference from Anna’s is that I used melted butter, so mine had a more smooth appearence. It’s a delicious cookie and I’ll make it again with cold butter and I think will try it with whole wheat flour as well! And then… maybe go back to fresh eggs cookies, ahahah!

I haven’t posted mine yet either, but the three of us have come up with slightly different versions–all SO good though! Mine is the same as Anna’s, but just a tad more flour. Rita’s look SO good, I’ve seen a picture. Anna, yours look so good, too, and look just like mine! I actually like the oatmeal, I can’t believe I’m going to say this, better than the chocolate chip. There, I said it. I can’t believe I said that. (I’ve always preferred chocolate!) But I just really love this oatmeal cookie. So good. I will try to get mine posted soon!

Hey, Anna, I saw Giada make pound cake with ricotta cheese in it yesterday. I’ll bet you’d love it! ;) just teasing.
    Got my oatmeal cookie posted!

Yes! Todd & I skipped dessert at Starlite the other night and headed over to Cookie Lounge. The staff is great and the cookie I ordered (Stacy’s Sweet Dough with Belgian Chocolate) was terrific. You know, I usually prefer cookies room temperature, but there’s something fun about going out and ordering one fresh & hot out of the oven.

5. Karen says

I doubled the recipe to make four monster cookies (about 6 ounces each). I threw in a few chocolate chips just because my daughter gets disappointed with non-chocolate desserts. I baked mine for about 23 minutes, they got just a little brown – not as dark as yours. These were delicious! Moist and cakey, they reminded me of oatmeal scones we sometimes get from our favorite bakery.

6. Gretchen says

I made these and doubled the recipe. I LOVE these cookies – by far the best oatmeal cookies ever! I would love it if you would post the full batch recipe because I may have messed up on my flour measurements (removing the 1T got a bit messy!). I don’t know that I’ll ever make a cookie with a raw egg again!

I made these cookies over the weekend using chocolate chips instead of nuts and raisins and they were WONDERFUL. Thanks for inventing them! You’re a cookie genius!