1. Shannon says

I am such a fan of carrot cake, but never want to make it at home because I don’t want to end up eating all of it myself!

Anyway, I have a question about the recipe you posted recently for bran muffins ( adapted from Joy the Baker. It calls for 6 TBSP milk and 6 TBSP buttermilk. I was wondering how you think they’d be if I used all buttermilk (12 TBSP) instead. They look delicious, but I’m trying to use up some buttermilk I have in the fridge.

Ooh, just the picture is definitely worth safe keeping! Love carrot cake, down to its very last calorie. 😉 I’ve actually made one low cal/low fat, it’s still good, but never as good as the real thing! This one does sound great.

Hi Shannon,

I’m sure all buttermilk would be fine.

M and Katrina, I think the icing is what makes that carrot cake so full of calories. Ounce for ounce, the cake itself is not any worse than other cakes — maybe even better, since some carrot cakes have more oil. But I took a look at the icing and there’s a lot of it!

I could very easily do without the icing. The cake itself looks amazing! But, I better not make it while trying to lose a few pounds! :-)

That recipe looks very good. I haven’t made a carrot cake in years, but when I do I use the recipe out of the Silver Palate Cookbook. Maybe it’s time to update?

6. barbara says

Just saw that Nestle is recalling much of it’s cookie dough products for E…

7. janet says

I printed this one off. It looks delicious! Thanks! I am considering making cupcakes and freezing them for a always ready dessert and maybe much less calories? lol