Comments

1. Shannon says

I am such a fan of carrot cake, but never want to make it at home because I don’t want to end up eating all of it myself!

Anyway, I have a question about the recipe you posted recently for bran muffins (http://www.cookiemadness.net/?p=3869) adapted from Joy the Baker. It calls for 6 TBSP milk and 6 TBSP buttermilk. I was wondering how you think they’d be if I used all buttermilk (12 TBSP) instead. They look delicious, but I’m trying to use up some buttermilk I have in the fridge.

Ooh, just the picture is definitely worth safe keeping! Love carrot cake, down to its very last calorie. ;) I’ve actually made one low cal/low fat, it’s still good, but never as good as the real thing! This one does sound great.

Hi Shannon,

I’m sure all buttermilk would be fine.

M and Katrina, I think the icing is what makes that carrot cake so full of calories. Ounce for ounce, the cake itself is not any worse than other cakes — maybe even better, since some carrot cakes have more oil. But I took a look at the icing and there’s a lot of it!

I could very easily do without the icing. The cake itself looks amazing! But, I better not make it while trying to lose a few pounds! :-)

That recipe looks very good. I haven’t made a carrot cake in years, but when I do I use the recipe out of the Silver Palate Cookbook. Maybe it’s time to update?

6. barbara says

Just saw that Nestle is recalling much of it’s cookie dough products for E Coli..fyi…

7. janet says

I printed this one off. It looks delicious! Thanks! I am considering making cupcakes and freezing them for a always ready dessert and maybe much less calories? lol