Peanut Butter Cup Toffee Chunk Cookies

I love perusing the bulk bins at various super markets to see what’s new. My latest spotting was miniature peanut butter cups – the tiny ones like you get in peanut butter cup ice cream. First I saw them at a store called Sprouts and later found them at H.E.B., so I guess they’re catching on. And why wouldn’t they? They’re perfect for cookies, cupcakes, and just about anything involving a peanut butter chocolate theme.

peanut butter cups

This morning I used them in these cookies, which also include toffee chunks. The recipe is adapted from this issue of Every Day Food that I can’t throw away. Anyway, these were a great little snack. They’re light, crispy on the edges, but tender. I’d say more, but I burned my finger and it hurts to type.

peanut butter toffee cookies

Peanut Butter Cup Toffee Chunk Cookies

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, I used a Natural type (Skippy)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
3/4 cups all purpose flour, spooned and level (a little over 3 oz)
1/3 cup miniature peanut butter cups
1 Heath toffee bar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in the peanut butter and vanilla, scraping bowl often, then beat in the baking soda and salt. Reduce mixer speed to low or by hand, add the egg. By hand, stir in the flour. When flour is incorporated, add peanut butter cups and toffee bar.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 15-18 minutes. Let cool on a rack. Makes about 24.

Comments

Awwww. Sorry about the burned fingers!!!
    The little pb cups are so cute. I hope they find their way to my area! I wonder if they’d work in your PB cookie recipe instead of the pb chips!
    These cookies look great!!

2. Louise says

We can get Reese’s ones of these at Christmas in 12 oz. bags just like chocolate chips. We’ve had them for several years. I buy a couple extra bags and throw them in the freezer for future use.

Those look like fun! I have seen the Reese’s bags, but only during the holidays. I love looking around at all the goodies in bulk and candy aisles, too.

you know anna i love those too, but have yet to find a good one. the min ones at trader joes are awful–cheap choco is used. i wish i could find ones with really good choco you know?

5. Shannon says

How funny that you would post this recipe today! I found these mini PB cups in the bulk section at my grocery store and got a bag of them on the weekend to use in icecream sundaes. Well I had lots left over, and was going to make a giant cookie cake for my son’s Birthday tomorrow and use these in it, along with M&M’s and various chips etc. Anyway today while everyone out, I ended up sitting and eating the whole bag of the PB cups, so needless to say, we will not be having them in our giant cookie tomorrow. I will however get some more at point, the whole time I was eating them, I couldn’t help but think how good they would be baked in something!

So good. I had gotten some of those at Trader Joes awhile back, and used them in one of your great big copy cat recipes. Ridiculously delicious. A friend on mine who ate one said it was the best cookie she ever had.

Thanks for reminding me of these!

These sound fabulous – but I am pretty sure I’d gobble up all the mini peanut butter cups before they ever made it to the cookies.

8. Francesca says

These cookies look amazing! I know I’d love them! Peanut butter cups are my favorite!!!! I would love to stuff a whole bag (or 2) into a creamy cheesecake! Yummy! Great job! :)