These cookies are so gorgeous I’ve named them Masterpiece White Chocolate Macadamia. They’re all butter, but they have the great texture you often get from shortening based cookies. One note about the picture. The cookies here were made from dough that had not been chilled. Your cookies might be a little thicker if you chill the dough.
Masterpiece White Chocolate Macadamia
- 2 sticks 230 grams unsalted butter, (16 tablespoons)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream or non-dairy creamer
- 3 cups cake flour or sub, see bottom
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 3/4 teaspoon if using unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts lightly toasted before chopping
- 9 ounces chopped up white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars. Beat in eggs, vanilla and Baileys (or creamer).
- Stir together cake flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in nuts and white chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment or nonstick foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes.